Water in Your Basement? Find Out What Causes a Leaking Basement
A wet basement is something no homeowner wants to deal with. Not only is it a wet mess to clean up, but it can lead to other bigger and more expensive issues to fix in the future. Water damage is a major problem and can decrease the value of your home if left untreated.
There are several different foundation leak causes in Davenport, and it can often be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason. There are several causes of basement leaking, each caused by different contributing factors.
- Basement Floor Cracks: Water can easily seep through even the tiniest of cracks through your basement floor.
- Basement Wall Cracks: Hydrostatic pressure can cause water to leak through your basement walls and cause extensive damage.
- Sump Pump Failure: During heavy rainstorms, you rely on your sump pump to protect your basement from flooding. If it fails, your basement could be at great risk for water damage.
- Plumbing Flood: Plumbing floods are a very common reason that basements flood. If a pipe or hose were to burst, it can quickly fill your basement with gallons and gallons of water.
- Soil Settlement: Soil settlement is the reason that foundation walls crack. Water can intrude through those cracks and cause water damage in your basement.
Sometimes it can be difficult to determine the exact entryway of the water, which is why our Davenport foundation leak specialists are trained to pinpoint the problem and find a solution for your home.
If water damage is left untreated in your basement, it can lead to serious problems to the health of your family and the structure of your home.
The best way to determine the issues a basement is experiencing is to have a free, no obligation estimate with a MidAmerica Basement Systems Design Specialist. Our Davenport foundation leak cause experts will do a thorough inspection of both the inside and outside of the basement and discuss repair options based on the needs of your home. Contact us today for your free quote!