Are French Drains the Drainage Solution For You?
Dry Basement Solutions by Waterproofing Contractors throughout IL and IA
Different problems call for different tools to fix them. In the same way that we wouldn't use a hammer to pound in a screw, we wouldn't use generic piping to waterproof a basement.
At MidAmerica Basement Systems, we have the drainage solution you need to create dry, usable space in your basement or crawl space. We have specialized basement drain systems that we customize for your unique problem—no matter what that problem may be.
For a free basement waterproofing quote, call 563-202-1650 or contact us today! We offer quick installations (our installations take 1-2 days), and affordable prices to our customers throughout Illinois and Iowa.
French Drain System
A French drainage system consists of a sloping trench that is filled with gravel and a drain pipe that diverts the water away from the home. It collects water from places where the water should not be going and channels it to a location where it can safely run off. It can be installed inside or outside the home. If installed outside it can be covered with landscape fabric and if installed inside it can be covered with concrete to hide the system. It is also known as a drain tile system.
Award-Winning French Drain: The WaterGuard® Drainage System
Our most popular drainage system, WaterGuard® is the ideal solution for most basement waterproofing applications for homes in Illinois and Iowa.
Unlike old-fashioned drain tile systems installed on the outside of the home, WaterGuard® is installed just underneath the perimeter edge of the basement floor.
- Includes wall flange with 3/8" opening to collect water from walls—there's no gap on the basement floor to let humidity into the space or to collect debris.
- Able to waterproof concrete block foundation walls—weep holes are drilled at the bottom of the blocks to drain the hollow cavities.
- Will not clog with mud—the system sits on top of the footing, away from the "mud zone" underneath your floor. Water is collected without the risk of clogs that would halt your system.
DryTrak® Monolithic Floor Drain
As a baseboard drainage system, DryTrak® installs above the floor and along the inside perimeter of the basement.
If you have a monolithic foundation, meaning that your floor and footing were poured as one piece, this is the only drainage system that's appropriate. DryTrak® is also perfect for other applications when jackhammering the floor is not an option-- in basements with radiant heat, for example.
- Installs without jackhammering a drain channel—your monolithic floor (and your foundation footing) will not be damaged during installation.
- Able to waterproof concrete block foundation walls—as with WaterGuard®, weep holes are drilled at the bottom of the block to drain cavities.
- Will not collect mud or debris—as a sealed basement drain that is placed on top of your basement floor and against the wall, there is no opening for debris to collect in the system from the basement floor.
Other Drainage Systems Installed in Illinois and Iowa
Along with our WaterGuard® and DryTrak® systems, we offer all of the following specialized drainage systems:
SmartPipe: Crawl Space Drainage
TrenchDrain: Grated Basement Drain
WaterGuard® IOS: Iron Ochre System
FlowGuard: Thin Floor System
Find the ideal drainage system for your home
At MidAmerica Basement Systems, we provide the ideal drain for your home's individual needs. If you've had leaks, mold growth, or other problems in your basement, call us today to get a free estimate on basement drain installation. We offer all our basement waterproofing services in Peoria, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Waterloo, Dubuque, Iowa City, Normal, Clinton, Moline, East Peoria, Rock Island and throughout the surrounding areas.