What should I do if my pump is not working?
- Is the sump pump running?
- a. If not, is it plugged in?
- Does the outlet have power? (Check it with a hairdryer or other working electrical device. If the device isn’t working, check the breaker or fuse box and reset or charge the fuse. Check the GFIC button on the outlet if it has one.)
- Is the pump cycling?
- Did the Alarm/Water Watch Alarm sound?
- Have you noticed any leaks?
- a. If yes, where?
- Is water coming out of the exit?
- Do you have a battery back up? Is it working?
If you have gone through all of these steps, and you are still having concerns, call the MidAmerica Basement Systems office between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., and we will send one of our service technicians to assist you at our earliest possible time slot.
Please note: MidAmerica Basement Systems does not offer a 24 hour emergency line, but you are welcome to leave a voicemail for our service department after hours, and your calls will be returned in the order they were received the following business day.