Basement Water Problems
Water in your basement can often be more than just a wet mess to clean up. While some signs of water damage in your basement may be obvious, others can be harder to identify. Symptoms come in many different forms and some can be difficult for homeowners to pinpoint the problem.
A water issue in a basement can include any number of the following warning signs or symptoms:
- Bugs in the Basement: Bugs and pests love to live in dark, damp places. If your basement has any water damage, you may notice an increase in unwanted visitors from the extra moisture.
- Mold in the Basement: Mold will only grow where water is present. Even if there is no standing water in your basement, enough humidity can allow mold to grow and become hazardous to your family’s health.
- Musty Smell in the Basement: Moist environments can often give off a musty or foul odor. If you notice any musty or foul odors in your basement or home, you could have a water damage problem.
- Condensation in the Basement: Moisture can lead to condensation buildup, which you may notice on your basement walls or floor.
- White Coating on Basement Walls: This is also known as efflorescence and can be a sign of moisture damage.
- Wet Carpet in the Basement: As the most obvious sign, you may notice wet carpet or wet floors in your basement.
While some symptoms may be more obvious than others, it’s very important to catch signs of water damage early. If left untreated, the damage will become much worse and can cause bigger, more expensive problems in the future.
At MidAmerica Basement Systems, we offer several waterproofing products to protect your home from water damage. Contact us today for your free quote!