Find Out What Water in Your Crawl Space Means
Crawl spaces are susceptible to water problems if they do not have the proper waterproofing products and systems in place. Water in your crawl space in Davenport can cause extensive damage if left untreated and can impact the rest of your home. While crawl spaces can be easy to forget about, it’s important to regularly check them for water damage to avoid bigger problems in the future.
How does water enter your crawl space? It can enter through several different ways:
- Rain: Heavy rains can cause a crawl space to flood and cause extensive water damage.
- Plumbing leak: There are a lot of pipes in a crawl space. If one were to burst or leak from a plumbing issue, it can fill your crawl space with water.
- Ground water: Ground water can seep up through the ground and cause your crawl space to become wet.
- Crawl space vents: These vents used to be considered a good thing, until people realized they only let damp, humid air to enter and cause water damage to your crawl space.
- Cracks in foundation walls: If there are any cracks in your foundation walls, water can easily seep through even the tiniest of cracks and cause water damage.
Once the water enters the crawl space, it has no place else to go but to sit there until it’s taken care of. Most homeowners don’t check their crawl spaces often, so water typically sits there and causes problems.
Water in your crawl space in Davenport can result in mold growth, musty odors, pest infestation, or wet insulation. Unfortunately, these problems usually don’t just contain themselves to your crawl space and they can also impact the rest of your home.
MidAmerica Basement Systems in Davenport has helped homeowners protect their crawl spaces from water damage for over 30 years. If you notice any symptoms of water damage, contact MidAmerica Basement Systems for your free quote!